Important COVID-19 Notice
Kia ora Aotearoa
All of our child and family services are classed as essential services, but some of them may need to be provided a little differently during Levels 2 & 3. The health and wellbeing of our staff and the children, families and whānau who we work with continues to be our top priority.
If you're in Auckland and already part of our services, you'll hear from us directly about how we will operate during Level 3. All our Auckland offices will reopen under Level 2 on Monday 31 August.
All of our services, nationwide, will be undertaking heightened hygiene and health and safety procedures to keep tamariki, staff, and whānau safe.
Information on our Barnardos early learning services can be found here.
Our latest annual report talks about the work we've done over the past 12 months to protect, educate and support thousands of Kiwi kids and their whānau.
Previous annual reports are also available
- 2018 Annual Report - We’re for Kiwi Kids
- 2017 Annual Report - An Aotearoa New Zealand where every child shines bright
- 2016 Annual Report - Do More for Kiwi Kids (PDF 1.14MB)
- 2015 Annual Report — Because of Barnardos (PDF, 4.95MB)
- 2014 Annual Report — The Power of People (PDF, 3.40MB)
- 2014 Impact Report (PDF, 4.90MB)
November 2017: Read our brief to the incoming government (PDF 5.03MB)
Our Strategic Plan: Read the Barnardos Strategic Plan (PDF 5.6MB)
- Submission to the Justice Select Committee on the Sexual Violence Legislation Bill
- Submission to the Health Select Committee on the Mental Health and Wellbeing Commission Bill
- Submission on the Arms (Prohibited Firearms, Magazines, and Parts) Amendment Bill
- Submission on the Draft 10 Year Strategic Plan for Early Learning: He taonga te tamaiti
- Barnardos Second Submission to the Independent Panel on Family Justice Reforms
- Barnardos Submission on the Equal Pay Amendment Bill
- Barnardos Submission on the draft Disability & Learning Support Action Plan (PDF 1.3MB)
- Barnardos Submission to the Government Inquiry into Mental Health and Addiction (PDF 4.2MB)
- Barnardos Submission on the Child Poverty Reduction Bill (PDF 6.4MB)
- Placing children and young people at the centre of national approaches to suicide prevention (PDF 2.14KB)
- Submission to the Justice and Electoral Select Committee on the Family and Whānau Violence Legislation Bill 2017, 2017 (PDF 3MB)
- Submission to the Social Services and Community Select Committee on the Social Workers Registration Bill (PDF 2.46MB)
- Submission to the Law Commission on the Review of the Property (Relationships) Act 1976 (PDF 3.3MB)