You are here

Status message

Submissions for this form are closed.

Making a complaint

We aim to provide you with excellent service and we really value your feedback.

If you’re not happy about the quality of the service we’ve given you, please let us know so we can put it right for you and improve our services.

How to make a complaint

Option 1 - the easiest way to make a complaint is to talk to the staff member you’ve been dealing with.

Option 2 - if you’re not happy with the staff member’s response, or you’re not comfortable talking with them about your complaint, ask to talk to their manager.

Option 3 - if you’re not happy with the manager’s response, you can ask for the general manager to review your complaint. Your local office can give you their contact details.

Option 4 - Send us an email at

How we’ll manage your complaint

We’ll deal with your complaint as quickly as possible and keep you updated on progress. You’re welcome to bring a support person to any discussions about your complaint.

We may ask you to provide extra information, for example letters or other documents, to help us understand your complaint. We’ll keep your information confidential and only discuss your complaint with the people who need to be involved to resolve it.

What happens if you’re not happy with our response?

If your complaint is about:

• early childhood care and education services, you can contact the Ministry of Education

• a child and family, foster care or residential service, you can contact Child, Youth and Family

• health and disability issues, you can contact the Health and Disability Commissioner