Parents as First Teachers
Parents as First Teachers (PAFT) is a home visiting service which provides support and guidance for parents during the first three years of a child's life.
This service is run on Auckland's North Shore under contract to Ministry of Development and also in New Plymouth and Wanganui.
PAFT can help you to:
- understand how your child grows and develops
- know how to encourage your child's growth and development
- gain confidence in your own parenting skills
- get the support and professional assistance you need for your child's health and development
PAFT can help your child to:
- develop good language skills
- increase his or her ability to solve problems
- develop social skills
- have any health problems detected
"If it hadn't been for the help of the Children's Contact Coordinator I'd have walked out. I've stayed with it, and now have a much better relationship with my kids."
- Father who sees his children through Children's Contact Service