Parenting through Separation
Parenting through Separation is a free information programme which is available in certain areas which are aimed at helping parents support their children through this difficult time (a Ministry of Justice initiative).
The information and tips in the programme covers:
- how separation affects children
- what children need during separation
- talking with children
- talking with ex-partners about arrangements for the children
- keeping children away from arguments
- how the Family Court works
The programme is conducted in small groups with other parents where qualified and experienced professionals and family workers will lead the classes. At the end of the sessions, parents will be given brochures and two free DVDS (one for the parent and one for the children) to review in their own time.
Want to find out more? Call us on 0800 BARNARDOS.
In Christchurch the programme runs twice per month on Tuesday evenings, 6.30 - 8.30pm. To find out more or register call (03) 365 3923.
"If it hadn't been for the help of the Children's Contact Coordinator I'd have walked out. I've stayed with it, and now have a much better relationship with my kids."
- Father who sees his children through Children's Contact Service